Saturday 10 January 2009

The Book Token Arrives

The OU's Catherine did not let me down. The book token for the Greenberg book duly arrived in the post yesterday morning. My inquiries with the local Waterstone's in Walthamstow confirmed that the book wasn't available locally. The shop assistant that I spoke to, helpfully offered to check availability of the book with other Waterstone's branches. The only branch that has the book in stock is, apparently, the one in Gower Street. Unfortunately, I couldn't dash off to Gower street immediately, - Saturday being the day when I am duty-bound to take my wife to Morrison's for our weekly shopping. The book-purchase will have to be done on Monday next week It will not cost me anything to travel into London however, - I have my pensioners' free Travelpass.

No comments:

Post a Comment