Friday 16 January 2009

Reading-up Greenberg

Have been looking through some of the other "Mass Writing" blogs. I was staggered by the Java expertise that is evident there. I used Java a lot in my work as a developer (I am retired now) but I had seldom forayed in the world of computational art. Nearly all my work was concerned with record manipulation and database operations. Therefore when I notice that there are people on the project who have long experience of working with computer-game software and graphics software, I feel quite humbled.

I have been busy ploughing through the Greenberg book, focusing initially on the sections that pertain to "Chunks" that are still up for grabs. Have so far managed to read up on Chunks 21, 22, 25 and 26. Of these Chunk 26 seems the least onerous. I wouldn't be at all displeased to be allocated to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment